Aarti - Om Jai Jagadeesha Hare


Here are are the lyrics of the popular aarti song, 'Om Jai Jagadeesha Hare', which is commonly heard in most temples. Along with the lyrics, I have attempted to provide, in brief, the approximate meaning of each verse.

I apologize for the delay in posting this. I have been unwell this past week. I am still just recovering from bronchitis and so I am only posting lyrics right now. I will post a recording as soon as I feel well enough to sing.
Sincerely,
Meera Sharma
hindushlokasforkids.blogspot.com


 Aarti - Om Jai Jagadeesha Hare

Om Jai Jagadeesha Hare
Swami Jaya
Jagadeesha Hare
Bhakta janon ke sankat
Daas janon ke sankat Kshan me door kare
Om Jai
Jagadeesha Hare
Meaning: I salute you O lord of the Universe, the Almighty, who can remove our troubles in seconds.


Jo dhyave phal paave
Dhukh binase mann ka
Swami dhukh binase mann ka
Sukha sampati Ghar aave
Sukha sampati Ghar aave
Kasht mite tan ka
Om Jai
Jagadeesha Hare
Meaning: Those who meditate upon the Lord sincerely, reap the benefits. All their sorrows and pains vanish and their homes are filled with peace and prosperity.


Mata pita tum mere
Sharan padoon mai kis ki
Swami sharan padoon mai kis ki
Tum bina aur na doojaa
prabhu bina aur na doojaa
Asha karun mai kis ki
Om Jai
Jagadeesha Hare
Meaning: You my father, my mother, my caretaker. All my hopes rest only with you. I surrender to you, as you are everything to me.


Tum pooran Paramaatma
Tum Antaryaami
Swami Tum Antaryaami
Para brahma Parameshwar
Para brahma Parameshwar
Tum sab ke Swami
Om Jai
Jagadeesha Hare
Meaning: You are omniscient and omnipotent. You are the Almighty.


Tum karuna ke saagar
Tum palan karta
Swami Tum paalan karta
Mai moorakh khala kaami
Mai sevak tum swaami
Kripa karo bhartaa
Om Jai
Jagadeesha Hare
 Meaning: You are kind and benevolent. I am your humble servant. Please shower your grace upon us.


Tum ho ek agochar
Sab ke prana pati
Swami sab ke prana pati
Kis vidhi miloon dayamaya
Kisi vidhi miloon kripamaya
Tum ko mai kumati
Om Jai
Jagadeesha Hare
Meaning: Though you cannot be grasped by the five senses, we know you exist. You are the owner of every breath we take. I do not know how to face you as I am nothing when compared to you.


Deena bandhu dukh hartaa
Tum rakshak mere
Swami tum rakshak mere
Apane haath uthao
Apane sharan lagao
Dwar khada mai tere
Om Jai
Jagadeesha Hare
Meaning:you are a friend to the poor and the troubled, you are our protector. Please raise your benevolent hand and place it upon us who wait at your door, so that we may ever be protected by you.


Vishaya vikar mitaao
Paap haro deva
Swami paap haro deva
Shraddha bhakti badhao
Shraddha prem badhao
Santan ki seva
Om Jai
Jagadeesha Hare
Meaning: Please remove all sins, evil thoughts and hatred from our minds. Help us spread love, goodwill, and devotion to you so that we may do deeds that are beneficial to all mankind.


Tann mann dhann sab kuch hai tera
Swami sab kuch hai tera
Tera tujh ko arpan
Tera tujh ko arpan
Kya laage mera
Om Jai
Jagadeesha Hare
Meaning: Whatever I have is yours. You have given it to me. This body, wealth, my mind, my thoughts, my everything, is all given by you. Nothing is mine. What is truly yours I offer back to you with full devotion so I may use these gifts  to serve you .


Om Jai Jagadeesha Hare
Swami Jai
Jagadeesha Hare
Bhakta janon ke sankat

Daas janon ke sankat
Kshan me door kare
Om Jai
Jagadeesha Hare

Comments